Jan White
Post     Subject: Creative uses for Bad-Quality Booze

Someone gave my husband some godawful sickly sweet, peach flavoured vodka one time. I dropped some tonka beans in it and ended up with something totally useable in baking.
Mercy Pergande

I've heard of people running vodka through a Brita which is probably the first thing I'd try, then see if it's clean tasting enough to use to infuse. If it's still rough, you could still infuse it with citrus and use it as a cleaner/disinfectant.
Jay Angler

Harmony Dybala wrote:Oh! I could run it through charcoal to remove impurities as well! I'd be making a Crystalino.

I had to research "Crystalino" - but yes, same concept. Filter it in a way the the alcohol remains, but the nasty stuff gets trapped.  My research mentioned charcoal, but not all charcoals are created equal, so if you're picturing "charcoal briquettes" that's not what they're talking about at all!

After using the charcoal to fix the booze, it's a great additive to soil - stacking functions!
Harmony Dybala

Oh! I could run it through charcoal to remove impurities as well! I'd be making a Crystalino.
Jay Angler

My neighbors have a small, possibly homemade, still. Run it through one of those to get the alcohol out and leave the crap behind?
https://diyprojects.com/make-still-diy/
There are rules about using a still to make alcohol - one reason is that often homemade booze can have wood alcohol mixed in. The experts know how to make sure most of that doesn't end up in the finished product. However in this case you're not "making" alcohol - you're simply refining it! Similar equipment can be used to make water safe to drink, so you can lump it in with your emergency preparedness equipment!
Harmony Dybala

I like the fly-trap and tiki-torch ideas!
Douglas Alpenstock

Harmony Dybala wrote:Feel free to get very creative with your suggestions, and thank you in advance!

Firestarter? Outdoor tikki torches? Pour on unwanted anthills? Fly/wasp traps (add a little overripe fruit and ferment)? Insect repellant?

And since it's sticky and you asked for very creative, how about homemade boob glue?
John F Dean

Sticky?!! OMG!   Yea,  not much use..even for cleaning.  Maybe to clean out a yellow jacket nest ….but even then, I would question if they have been THAT evil.
Anne Miller

Use it as a drain cleaner or a toilet bowl cleaner.

It might work as lamp fuel though if it tastes like additives and insults do you want to breathe the air the lamp is in?
Harmony Dybala

I have about a 1.5 L of nasty reposado tequila. Now I like tequila, but this tastes like additives and insults.

I don't have any enemies to poison, so what else can I do with this stuff? If it weren't for the added colors and flavors I'd use it as a cleaning solvent like cheap vodka, but I think it would just make anything sticky! Can I use it as a lamp fuel somehow? Feel free to get very creative with your suggestions, and thank you in advance!