Pearl Sutton
Post     Subject: bumper stickers are now available!! (little icons below people's names)

Denny Hall: Nah, at this point this is a known bug that is on the code guys list :) I fixed yours, go look again.
And this is permies, the stickers are held on by slug slime! Beware of chickens pecking them off!  
hehehehe
:D
denny hall
Post     Subject: bumper stickers are now available!! (little icons below people's names)

I'm guessing I am under the apple threshold.  At the top doesn't it list a 6 apple requirement?  

Or maybe it was because I forgot and left my visor down, the sun was in my eyes on the way in to the forum this morning...

One other thing, are these stickers adhesive or magnetic?  'Cause I don't like them adhesive ones, when they get old it's too much work to scratch them off, the magnetic ones I can just remove & replace if I run through a car wash...
Burra Maluca

If they're not showing, make sure that the 'bumper stickers enabled' box is checked.
Shawn Foster

I’m having the same issue that the bumper stickers menu doesn’t appear for me. Tried in Safari, Firefox, and Chrome using both “request mobile site” and “request desktop site” on my iPad. Sadness.
Todd O'Brian

It works for me, thank you!
Pearl Sutton

Kristen Thompson wrote:

Thank you! Hurrah! It officially worked this time!

YAY!! You have bumper stickers now! :D
Kristen Thompson

Pearl Sutton wrote:That's a standard warning that something didn't work on our end. Sometimes it says that, has to do with the servers the forum runs on, just go back and try again.

Thank you! Hurrah! It officially worked this time!
Pearl Sutton

That's a standard warning that something didn't work on our end. Sometimes it says that, has to do with the servers the forum runs on, just go back and try again.
Kristen Thompson

Kristen Thompson wrote:

AngelinaGianna Maffeo wrote:

Pearl Sutton wrote:Apologies Kristen :) Hadn't done stuff to you, have now, check again please :)

Edit: I did stuff to Todd, Kristen, and AngelinaGianna... if all you would check.

Thank you it works just fine now

Thank you! It looks like it's working for me as well!

Oh dear. I'm sorry! I spoke too soon. I am now getting an error message when I try to save my changes. I tried Chrome and Firefox on my computer.
Kristen Thompson

AngelinaGianna Maffeo wrote:

Pearl Sutton wrote:Apologies Kristen :) Hadn't done stuff to you, have now, check again please :)

Edit: I did stuff to Todd, Kristen, and AngelinaGianna... if all you would check.

Thank you! It looks like it's working for me as well!
Pearl Sutton

Whoo! I got it right! Cool, we can fix the source of the problem now. Thank you!
AngelinaGianna Maffeo

Pearl Sutton

Apologies Kristen :) Hadn't done stuff to you, have now, check again please :)

Kristen Thompson

Pearl Sutton wrote:I did stuff. Can you both please check again and see if it's visible now, and tell us? Trying to figure out the issue. :D

Hi there, thank you for working on this! I just checked and, unfortunately, I'm still not seeing the bumper stickers option.
Pearl Sutton

I did stuff. Can you both please check again and see if it's visible now, and tell us? Trying to figure out the issue. :D
AngelinaGianna Maffeo

Todd O'Brian wrote:That is strange, I don't appear to have the option to add bumper stickers.  Here is a screenshot of what I see in the profile view:

I'm having the same issue. Mine looks like your screen shot. I'm on a computer.
Todd O'Brian

That is strange, I don't appear to have the option to add bumper stickers.  Here is a screenshot of what I see in the profile view:
James Freyr

Vanessa Alarcon wrote:hi! how do you qualify for a bumper sticker (other than the apple bit)? I.E, beekeeping? something that you are interested in or something that you actively do? what about if you are a novice?😁👍

Hey Vanessa! No qualifications needed to start. If memory serves me correct, I think new users can set 3 or 4 bumper stickers. At the very top of the screen where you would click Logout, is another button labeled My Profile. Click that, and near the bottom in the center are several expandable menus, and one is labeled bumper stickers.

Vanessa Alarcon

hi! how do you qualify for a bumper sticker (other than the apple bit)? I.E, beekeeping? something that you are interested in or something that you actively do? what about if you are a novice?😁👍
Vinson Corbo

Kristen Thompson wrote:Hello Mike,

Thank you for the visual! Unfortunately, I don't see that option in the menu. I'll attach a screenshot of what I'm seeing

I can't see bumper stickers option in my profile either - looks just like Kristen's screenshot. Using a computer also
Kristen Thompson

Hi, thank you all for looking into this! In response to Nicole's question, I'm on my computer using the Firefox browser.
Nicole Alderman

Are you on a mobile device? Sometimes things are weird on mobile view (which we're working on fixing.)
Mike Barkley

I think you discovered a glitch. I'll look into to it to see if anything has changed but I believe that everyone can have at least three.
Burra Maluca

Oh that is seriously weird.  If I go into your profile as moderator the option is there for adding bumper stickers.

I have *no* idea why it isn't showing up for you.
Kristen Thompson

Hello Mike,

Thank you for the visual! Unfortunately, I don't see that option in the menu. I'll attach a screenshot of what I'm seeing
Mike Barkley

Hi Kristen. Welcome to permies. This screen shot might help. The red circle is around the + sign to click for the bumper stickers to appear.
Kristen Thompson

Hello there, I keep going to my profile and looking through all of the '+' signs and all of the settings, and I can't find a place to add bumper stickers. Is there a new way to add stickers? Is it because I'm new to the forum that I can't view this option? I would love any advice as I think it would be fun to participate in this whole bumper sticker business!
Chadwick Holmes

Just some feedback: I like the bumper stickers, cool to see what folks are into!
Matu Collins

Cassie Langstraat wrote:hey everyone! thanks for the ideas: I am thinking it would be good if you could give your bumper sticker suggestions in this thread

Sorry I missed that one I was preoccupied. Fun list!
Cassie Langstraat

hey everyone! thanks for the ideas: I am thinking it would be good if you could give your bumper sticker suggestions in this thread
Inge Leonora-den Ouden

Nicole Alderman wrote: I also really like the idea for having one for fiber-crafts ... Tried my hand at a Fiber icon, figuring yarn/string was likely the most universal thing about all the different fiber arts. It definitely still needs work, but it's my bedtime!

I have ideas for a 'fiber icon' too, but I'm not used to drawing with the computer
Nicole Alderman

Ooooh, thinking of fun bumper stickers to have, I'd love one for Cascadia (maybe the Douglas Fir?) I know the more we have, the harder it is to make them distinct, but it'd be fun to have them for our regions, too. I also really like the idea for having one for fiber-crafts and various subcultures/faiths that are here. There's also a lot of prepper/survivalists, so maybe one for the survivalist forum, too?

Edit: Tried my hand at a Fiber icon, figuring yarn/string was likely the most universal thing about all the different fiber arts. It definitely still needs work, but it's my bedtime!
Chadwick Holmes

I see, thanks I must have missed that in my recent busy spell.....so this is like "forum supporter" on other forums.....nice!
Matu Collins

pie is a new feature

Chadwick Holmes wrote:Sorry if this is a101 question but what are pie people?

Chadwick Holmes

Sorry if this is a101 question but what are pie people?
Su Ba

How about one for homesteading. Perhaps a person holding a putchfork?

What about horses? Perhaps a silhouette of a horse trotting or cantering would be recognizable.
Matu Collins

It would be awesome and funny to have purple bumper stickers for things like biodynamics, christianity, etc
Inge Leonora-den Ouden

I miss a sticker meaning I am interested in natural fibers (growing in permaculture, and textile crafts)
Cassie Langstraat

are you seeing adorable little blue icons popping up under people's names like this:

these represent things that people like/are interested in!

to get bumper stickers under your name:

login ----> click "my profile" up in the bar of options up at the tip top of the screen ---> then click the little plus sign button next to "bumper stickers" ----> check the box next to the bumper stickers you want ---> click "submit"

As far as how many you can have, this is how that works:

- Normal people can have three bumper stickers.

- People with six or more apples can have six bumper stickers.

- Pie people can have three more (3+3=6 or 6+3=9)