Jesse Fister
Post     Subject: Art Contest! The Carbon Sequestration Postage Stamp

We have set a submission date for art submissions: January 14, 2017.  We could use at least one more serious submission please!  Thank you.
nero olson

Jesse,

I only heard about this through the newsletter, but I can have something pulled together in about a week.

Cheers!
Jesse Fister

Hey Permies, I was wondering if anyone was still working on a stamp design?  I'd like to have something to present when I speak with the District Manager again in 10-15 days.

So how about it?  Any submissions en route?

Thanks!
Thekla McDaniels

here is a soil carbon coalition design, don't know how it work for the actual design, but it shows how much is involved.
Jesse Fister

Thekla McDaniels wrote:What dimensions is stamp is going to be? The size of a regular postage stamp, the sort of inch by three quarter, or will it be the larger rectangle of commemorative stamps, whether horizontal or verticle?

Great question!  I'm not 100%, so let's base this off the Breast Cancer Research stamp for now.  Here's info on dimensions.
Thekla McDaniels

What dimensions is stamp is going to be? The size of a regular postage stamp, the sort of inch by three quarter, or will it be the larger rectangle of commemorative stamps, whether horizontal or verticle?

Mike Haasl

Mmmm hard cider...  I'm in
Jesse Fister

Mike Jay wrote:Hey Jesse, this is awesome!  What's the deadline for the contest and would the artist get some recognition from the USPS?  I have some art friends I'll pass this along to but I figured I should know a bit more before pitching it.  Thanks!

Mike, I think we have about a month.  There hasn't been a specific date set.

As for recognition I was hoping we could put together some rewards internally.  I'm in no position to offer rewards from USPS, but you never know what might happen.  

How about this: I'll offer a bottle of my best hard cider mailed to the winner.
Mike Haasl

Hey Jesse, this is awesome!  What's the deadline for the contest and would the artist get some recognition from the USPS?  I have some art friends I'll pass this along to but I figured I should know a bit more before pitching it.  Thanks!
Jesse Fister

Dear Permies,

If you haven't already seen the thread on The Carbon Sequestration Postage Stamp, please do!

One thing I was asked in my presentation yesterday was: "Do you have an idea for what this stamp would look like?"  I didn't.

So, let's make it an art contest!  Submit your design, art, image or idea here.

I recommend researching previous postage stamp designs.  You can do that here: Postal Museum.  Remember, this will be in the hands of collectors and consumers.

If anyone has ideas on additional awards for best stamp submissions, please add them here as well!