r ranson
Post     Subject: How hard is it to make and edit a youtube video?

I finally made a shorter video and am starting to get the hang of this cutting and fading thing.  Only 5 hours to edit this video!  getting better... I guess.  

(pst, it would be a huge help if you popped over to youtubeand gave the video a thumbs up)

I tried a different setting for the video on the camera.  This obviously isn't what I want as the quality is too low and the ratio of the screen is still off.  I wish I knew which setting to leave it on.  

I had to shoot the footage twice because my camera does this thing where it crops the image while it's filming.  So I thought I set it up well, but ops.  Completely off-screen.

But on the whole, I'm happy with it.  Trying to decided what to do next.  Tomorrow is playing with a vintage washing machine... anyone thinks that's interesting enough for youtube?  
r ranson

I have so many more plans for videos and tutorials.
And life got expensive.
So most of my spare time is dedicated to things that bring in an income.  But I still want to make videos.  

I've been toying with the idea of a Patreon account.  I don't know.  Maybe something to research on the next insomniac night.  
Inge Leonora-den Ouden

r ranson wrote:H...

I think the chickens in the background don't distract too much.  I'm a bit annoyed I couldn't figure out how to make it go away.

I liked the chicken sounds. I thought you did that on purpose (crowing hen)
Sebastian Köln

r ranson wrote: I think the chickens in the background don't distract too much.  I'm a bit annoyed I couldn't figure out how to make it go away.

I guess it is named it "Crowing hen farm" for a reason!
r ranson

Here we go.

did anyone get a notification this morning?

I think the chickens in the background don't distract too much.  I'm a bit annoyed I couldn't figure out how to make it go away.

No!  It is not the same spoon.

And I kind of like that I managed to make a thumbnail thingy.  

I'm a long way away from being as good as my favourite youtube chanel but maybe if I keep trying I won't suck as much.  
Inge Leonora-den Ouden

r ranson wrote:Second serious video edited and uploaded.
I think I figured out how to schedule it for Thursday morning.  Could anyone who is subscribed let me know if they get a notification?

Hi R. I subscribed. But don't know if I have time to watch (or to see the notification) on Thursday.
Louis Fish

I'm the same way.  Ugh I hate seeing my face on the camera! Really wish I could just post 10 hours of chickens scratching in the dirt and get likes from that lmao.