Gerry Parent wrote:
1) Is the exhaust chimney outside insulated or single wall pipe?
2) Is your bench a bell (hollow chamber) or is it a pipe run?
3) What are the dimensions of your heat riser? It looks really big to me from the photos. Overall dimensions also look off to me. Was your dog house the right size as a form to produce the necessary final dimensions for the core?
4) Is the heat riser insulated? This is the key place where high temperatures are needed to help burn up the wood gasses and produce a clean burn.
5) Can't exactly tell how the flow of gasses proceed beyond the top of the heat riser. Do they travel all around that brick mass or between the firebrick heat riser and metal shell?
6) The stone on top may very well crack and crumble from the intense expansion/contraction experienced over the heat riser if not protected with some insulation.
Russell Harper II wrote:Buon giorno, William.
Dove in Itaia Nord?
Popeye has his spinach. I have this tiny ad:
Kickstarter for the Low Tech Laboratory Moviehttps://www.kickstarter.com/projects/paulwheaton/low-tech?ref=bv1