My family and I (Wes my partner, Annabelle 1.5yo, and myself Era) are relocating from the West coast to the Appalachia mountains. Wes and I are from this area originally but are moving back after the fires in Oregon are increasingly getting worse every year.
We are searching for a place to rent where we can have a small homestead. We have grown our food for over 7 years in permaculture
style. We'd like to grow veggies, herbs, flowers, and have a small greenhouse
and nursery. We'd like to steward chickens, ducks and rabbits
. We are open to sharing/exchange/bartering.
I have verifiable income, security deposit, first month's rent, and 5 years of solid rental references. Wes is the stay at home daddy, and has 2 years of solid rental references.
Our needs are:
- home in the mountains or foothills, elevation preferred
- rent no higher than $1000/month
- minimum 1/2 acre
- 2 bed/1 bath minimum (really this is 2 separate places to sleep, we've been living tiny for 7 years now)
- max 1000 Sq ft home
- within 30 minutes of a town
- good solid internet (I work remotely online)
- landlord who allows gardens and animal husbandry
- privacy, quiet, minimum light pollution
- well water
- fenced yard
- wood stove
- landlord who knows permaculture/ has vision of wanting their property transformed this way
Do you know of any resources or people
to connect us to?
Thank you 💜