We are a family farm and nursery located in the Catskill Mountains of New York. We are committed to being thoughtful land steward’s and supporting our regional biodiversity while providing healthy food and plants to our community.
Right now, we are raising a herd of belted galloway cattle and building nursery stock filled with a wide range of edible and useful plants.
As time goes on, we plan to diversify our farm operation, build more connections to our community through event spaces, and create sustainable living systems on the farm. Throughout the process, we are dedicated to creating regenerative systems.
We welcome anyone who is interested and motivated to come join us in building this farm.
We are looking for a full-time farm crew member to help grow our operations. Initially, responsibilities will include tending to our herd of Belted Galloways, planting and tending to nursery plants, and helping design and implement new operations at the farm. The right candidate has experience with animal husbandry, carpentry, and can operate farm equipment. If you are passionate about sustainability, curious, and willing to experiment with innovative farming techniques – this could be a great fit!
- Rotating, monitoring, and tending to livestock.
- Planting trees, weeding and caring for nursery plants.
- Mowing and clearing underbrush.
- Designing, building, and maintaining farm infrastructure.
- Chainsaw experience a plus.
- Direct sale of nursery plants at farm. This includes helping to establish and maintain e-commerce operations.
- Driver’s license strongly preferred.
- Willing to work in adverse weather conditions when necessary. We try to stay in for the worst weather, but sometimes there’s no way around it.
- Experience or willingness to work with cattle. Able to perform regular physical labor.
- Willing to work hours needed to complete necessary tasks. Hours will vary from season to season.
- Free housing in a one-bedroom apartment on-site.
- We can accommodate couples and young families.
- Insurance, worker’s compensation, and unemployment insurance included.
- This is a full-time position with an annual wage. This role is non-exempt and hours will be tracked.
COMPENSATION This position is salaried, 35 to 50k /annual