My partner and I are planning on running chickens through pasture to follow up with spreading seed balls. There will be plenty of green mulch available too. A few questions:
1. which breeds would people recommend for tearing up fallow pasture of grasses, goldenrod, yarrow, and queen anne's lace?
2. how efficient will three or four flocks of 15-25 chickens clear a 10' by 30' patch before moving on?
3. would moving rabbits through first offer any advantages or are they picky eaters? breed recommendations?
4. will we definitely need to run the chickens over a space more than once? will seed balls hold up against the birds provided there haven't been sufficient rains for germination? is secondary clean-up a good job for rabbits?
5. what are we not taking into consideration?
thanks in advance for your time!
Why is the word "abbreviation" so long? And this ad is so short?