Several people have asked about the status of base camp.
There is a lot going on. Far too much to convey here. And things are changing daily.
Fundage: we are technically $12,000 shy of what we need. But there are two people that are sending checks. I thought those checks would arrive yesterday, but they did not. So it is that space of "maybe".
We got the title report stuff and, as always, there are red flags and we are sorting through the paperwork. I think everything will turn out to be fine.
Closing is set for June 3 - when i will be a keynote speaker in alba-quirky, NM. Apparently, i can sign all of my parts before leaving and the transfer funds at the right time while on the road, so all this will work out fine.
The trac hoe with the wrist was advertised to be about three hours from BC, but reality is that it is in portland. the cost of moving it would be prohibitive. In the meantime, there are lots of used regular trac hoes in the area that are for sale.
I am preparing to move. Jocelyn is preparing to move.
We had talked about scheduling workshops once we closed on TL. Then as we try to nail down the particulars for that, not having base camp nailed down added a lot of unknowns to figure out how to make the workshop work. So now we are waiting until we have closed on BC.
There is a lot going on. I know people are passionately curious - but since a lot of things seem to change twice a day, reporting on things will just make things harder. I think our status on stuff on friday will be a lot more solid.
My husband and I are coming to Montana/Idaho to look for a site for possible relocation May 28-29. Would it be possible to see the "farm"? We are heading over Lolo to look at the Clearwater drainage also, but found your project very interesting. We are currently enrolled in Geoff Lawton's Permiculture Design Course, so have so much to learn. We are also interested to see what is possible in your climate since we are now living in a Mediterranean climate. We have a prolific lemon tree as well as limes, oranges, and a sad grapefuit (the former has yet to produce). We love the possibility of having them in north country. Best of all worlds. You may contact us directly if you like.
Jan, there will probably be a day where we can do that. But we aren't set up for that now. For people that have listened to a majority of the podcasts we are making arrangements for them to come for several days.
paul wheaton wrote:Checks have arrived! We now have all of the funds we need to close on base camp.
If only you loved Maine like you love Montana! If TL was in relative proximity I'd be driving you nuts already. It has been very heartening reading about things coming together for your vision. Less "if you build it they will come" and more "come and help me build it and it will be freakin' incredible."