Oh for smell-o-vision. Some day. Until then enjoy with your eyes!
Finally. and I must stress this.
NEVER eat a mushroom unless you are dead sure what it is or else you may end up dead
Clifford Reinke wrote:We took a walk in the woods today and the Chantrels are definately out. Ours are Orange. Also spotted a few Lobster mushrooms. Guess what I'm doing tomorrow?
I live in the Puget Trough - these are in a Doug Fir patch of Land which was logged out about 90 years ago.
Landon Sunrich wrote:Well sure if you want to get technical. More like 40 percent gut wretching and diarhia in my experience. Its that dead thing that gets ya. and I did say MAY
Oops, experience, I'm sorry... Had that only once, fortunately. Of course, I'm also in favor of knowing a mushroom very well, before eating it. The statistics doesn't help, when there is a very toxic one growing in abundance in an area... But knowledge helps, so I think it's good to keep the entry barrier low.