Forums Register Login
melting a hole
is there a name for this technique?

(1 like)
Flow drilling or friction drilling, I believe.


Related to friction welding/stir welding.
(1 like)

paul wheaton wrote:is there a name for this technique?


Thermal drilling. The idea is not just to drill the hole, it's to create a bushing to support a larger, more substantial base for tapping.

Friction Drilling
So I left, I came home, and I ate some pie. And then I read this tiny ad:
Solar ovens, haybox cooker - What would you build to go with a rocket oven?

This thread has been viewed 1055 times.

All times above are in ranch (not your local) time.
The current ranch time is
Sep 24, 2018 19:27:36.