Jay Angler wrote:1. How do you decide if you've got enough clay and do you sift it to keep rocks down to a minimum?
2. What action is the hoe and bucket taking - a hammering action? a stirring action? a vibrating action? a mixture of things?
3. Is there anything special about that back-hoe?
4. Is there anything special I should know as a relatively inexperienced operator?
5. How thoroughly does this action have to happen to every part of the bottom of the new pond? (ie overlaps and gaps recommended)
6. Does he put anything on top of the clay when he's done - like mineral soil - or just let organic matter build naturally?