Hi. I save my coffee grounds every morning in a open container. I notice went i emptied the container a greenish powder flies. Is this good or bad, assuming it's mold?! Not sure if this should be going into my composter/garden or not. Also, i breathed some in 🤦♀️
Michael Dobbins wrote: Another trick to watch honey bees is to put out 1-1 sugar syrup: a cup of white cane sugar and a cup of hot water, stir until dissolved, let cool, and put out on a plate to keep the liquid shallow enough to not drown bees.
This is a bit OT with regards to the topic but as this thread received a new post I read through the older posts, including this one.
* Feeding bees in the open can transmit diseases and parasites and induce robbery (one spot of accessible food makes bees look for more, and they can enter a hive and seriously damage bee population in there)
* If you dissolve the sugar with hot water Hydroxymethylfurfural can be found in the solution which is toxic for bees
So please don't feed bees other than with a wide selection of trees and flowers, or with adequate syrup if you are a beekeeper.
I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do. (E.E.Hale)
Proudly marching to the beat of a different kettle of fish... while reading this tiny ad