ic.org has some great resources for helping you find the right place
if i was thinking of joining a place like dacres there is alot to consider
1) do these folks want me? can i be helpful to the situation?
2) discuss the history of people involved with the community and discuss the trials and potential pitfalls of participating in the project...why have people left?
3) use caution investing resources that can not be recovered
4) does the community feed you spiritually and philosophically? there will be sacrifices so what is the glue that keeps you passionate about community
5) talk about trial and evaluation period - align expectations for what would be a mutually successful & positive evaluation
6) discuss day to day operations and expectations
7) discuss your role in decision making within the community
i would also ask for references from former participants and discuss issues with a wide range of current residents
or just trust your gut and follow your instinct...
Good heavens! What have you done! Here, try to fix it with this tiny ad: