Seeking permie market gardener for 2016 and beyond - Orcas Island, WA
Post by:Erik Blender
Greetings! Orcasong Farm on Orcas Island, WA seeks an experienced Market Gardener with a background in permaculture beginning in 2016.
This is a full-time position at a new non-profit farming, education, and community building project.
We have 90 acres of field, pasture and forest and are centrally located on the island.
Our new market gardener will be managing nearly 2 acres of garden space, building soil, teaching, managing volunteers, and livin the good life here on Orcas Island. We will be selling produce from an onsite farm-stand, at local farmer markets, and to the local co-op, stores and restaurants.
We are seeking:
- Someone who understands the value of community & doing things together.
- Someone mature who can listen and communicate effectively
- Someone with experience managing a large garden - preferably growing both annuals and perennials for market and value-added use.
- Someone who understands permaculture principles and gardens using permaculture as a tool-box. We don't need a permaculture expert - but we do need an accomplished gardener looking for a new adventure in life and community building.
- Someone who comes from the heart and understands the concept of holding a collective "heartspace".
- This doesn't have to be just one person - it could be a couple, could be someone with kids
We have a budget for a monthly salary and living arrangements.
Contact me for more details. Send me a resume with references if possible.
We are quick learners, but only have experience with home gardens and hugel kulture. Ten years experience care taking. We are an organic family who live in a tiny house on wheels. We we have two year old son who we homeschool. We have experience caring for large and small animals, have grown several organic gardens and are looking for like minded educated people to help out with their homesteading. I have been a teacher, daycare provider and currently a gymnastics coach. My husband has a masters in business and currently works as a account relationship manager at a corporate bank.
Our dream is to eventually be self sustainable. We love care taking and a very hard workers! We do not smoke, eat all organic, and see a holistic doctor for supplements and homeopathic remedies. I do not drink and my husband has less than 1 beer a week. Here is our blog https://www.facebook.com/tinyhousebigmoments/. We use all organic and mostly homemade cleaning products that are environmentally safe and toxin free. I am an excellent cleaner and organizer. Feel free to contact at email@example.com we live in a tiny house on wheels so are available now.
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants. And a tiny ads:
Binge on 17 Seasons of Permaculture Design Monkeys!