What should be the easiest is proving difficult for me. 4th batch in a row same result, tastes like dirty socks. I even changed wheat in case the wheat got funky from being stored in my basement. Had made a few batches in a row no problem, tastes like lemonade, great beverage. Now this.
should I boil my water to rule out potentially culturing something in my water? The last batch I even boiled the jar and still not right. we drink the water no problem...
The main times that my fermentation didn't work was when I forgot the salt. Then the wrong bacteria can take over. I have never made rejuvelac, although I 've heard of it for years. If oxygen can get in it's also a problem. Sorry I'm not more helpful.
I think I may have figured out the problem, all the other batches I made that worked were in warm weather, I just checked and my sprouts were at 63 degrees...not ideal fermentation temp at all I bet. gonna try it on a sprouting mat and see if it works better.
Lacto fermentation is anaerobic. Oxygenating wouldn't help. It would hurt. I know that the lactobacillus are on all kinds of regular vegetables, but I don't know if they are naturally on grains.