My thyroid levels were a bit low and my doc recommended an iodine supplement. I didn't want to take pills, so I started eating kelp daily instead of only occasionally (about a pinch of powder daily). Now my TSH level is normal. It's an easy remedy that's low cost as well.
“Only 7% of refined salt goes for food; the other 93% goes to industry. Industry requires chemically pure sodium chloride for manufacture of explosives, chlorine gas, soda, fertilizers and plastics. In effect, table salt represents a “cheap” production overrun.” http://healthfreedoms.org/2009/05/24/table-salt-vs-unrefined-sea-salt-a-primer/
DustyTrails wrote:Don't believe me .. look the quote up on the Net
@red cloud - was keeping an eye on iodine 131 info and missed that it made it to the east coast. any idea what the levels were.
Nathan Johns wrote:
This is why they make iodised salt, too.