• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Rooster eating mushrooms

 
                                  
Posts: 45
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
My rooster is eating wild mushrooms in my yard.  I'm hoping he can tell the good ones from the poisonous ones. If he ate a poisonous mushroom, would he start hallucinating?  Some mushrooms are hallucinogenic.  I can see the picture: my rooster, eyes wide open, hallucinating.  Would be interesting to see.
 
Isaac Hill
gardener
Posts: 356
Location: Beaver County, Pennsylvania (~ zone 6)
9
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I would identify those mushrooms pronto, some wild mushrooms are way too delicious to waste on a rooster.
 
                                  
Posts: 45
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
My rooster finally died. I don't know what killed it:  the stress of transportation when I bought him or the mushrooms or polysterene  from my garden or the stress from being chased by a predator.  My rooster spent the night out of the coop one night.  He was somewhat ragged the next day.  Who knows what happened during that night...  In addition, he apparently got a taste for styrofoam.  I wonder if he died of constipation related to eating it?
 
Thelma McGowan
Posts: 170
Location: western Washington, Snohomish county--zone 8b
3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
oh darn...that is a sad way for a rooster to go.
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://richsoil.com/email
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic