Shawn Klassen-Koop wrote:
So what's with the font size change?
Ugh. I'm trying to delineate between parts, chapters, sections, and subsections as best as possible within the constraints of the forum software. We'll make it look much nicer in the actual book. And, for example, instead of "Chapter 5.6" it might be something like "Chapter 17" ... but we don't want to put numbers in and then forget to change them in the hustle and bustle of getting everything finished.
A minor observation if I may.
Don't do chapters! Use an outline format --'Topic 5.6, wood heat.rocket oven' as an example. You are dealing with a topic that is highly dynamic and new approaches pop up that are better than old methods for the same solution. Show my age here, but the old World Book encyclopedias came out with a yearly update with the set. You might want to think along the same lines. I'll go even further. Do it as a compendium with a subscription update service:
* Outline format for easy updating. Page numbering contained within any given topic/subtopic.
* Formatted for loose leaf format, 3 ring binder containment.
* Errata, subscription updates, etc can be downloaded and printed and added/deleted to the set. If no printer available provide a service to do so thru LuLu.
* Folded purchased printed plans can be added to the set.
* Exceptional user content could be provided as part of the subscription update.
Essentially the FoxFire series as a author/user contributed ever last book.
As a geek I love epub docs, but there are times when only physical format works best.
Thanks for the consideration.