Why Do so many people from Illinois love Arizona? It is drying up because the ground water has been pumped nearly dry.
Don't think you can just drill a well because in most areas it's a mile to water.
Hauling water is totally impractical if your trying to grow enough to eat and live on.
My suggestion for an 18 year old is to not get credit, pay for everything with cash. Then you WILL BE WEALTHY.
Here is how to find properties available for outright purchase although there is
waiting period to see if the owner pays their taxes. (notice, I'm sending you to a state where
it rains enough to collect enough water off the roof to live on, and where there are no building codes
outside the cities, and where a person can build earthbag or earthship homes.
In Arizona call Navajo county board of supervisors front desk secretary
and ask for the list of properties that didn't sell at the tax auction that the state
has title to that are available to purchase now.
2) Pay cash in advance by the year for all bills. Yes the utility companies will allow you to do that.
3) Buy a vehicle off of a city or county because it will have been maintained and there more
likely to honestly tell you the real condition. http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/browse/cataucs?catid=4
govdeals is a similar government surplus website.
4) Before making any purchase buy a notebook and every single day spend time researching, looking at ads, seeing the item in person
investigating the history of problems, repairs. If it's property find out what property is going for, problems of the area,
how to investigate flood maps, etc. You should end up with notebooks that have the prices of everything in your life. How much is a 2x6 at the diffferent hardware stores, How often do they go on sale.
5) Read up on assertiveness training, it is the basis of how not to fight and how to deal with bickering people. It can save a marriage and a family.
6) Before going one penny in debt sell plasma and sperm.
aT the tax lien auctions you bid on the taxes the owner didn't pay then IF they NEVER pay
you own there land. (Never buy a property people are living in)