Sami Muggy

+ Follow
since Jul 12, 2019
Apples and Likes
Apples
Total received
0
In last 30 days
0
Total given
0
Likes
Total received
5
Received in last 30 days
0
Total given
4
Given in last 30 days
0
Forums and Threads
Scavenger Hunt
expand First Scavenger Hunt

Recent posts by Sami Muggy

George Lafayette wrote:
Your requirements seem reasonable to me.  I don't understand about the acreage, but, if that's what you want, sure.  Why that is important to you? If you are planning to make a living off working five acres I hope you are very enthusiastic about a large quantity of hard work. As far as I know, very few communities (if any) support themselves completely by working the land.



George: I would love to know how to search for the intentional communities that seem to be working well, any suggestions?  The reason for the land is that we would like to do a large garden and raise animals both to sell and to eat ourselves.  In order for us to do that we would need the space.  I wouldn't mind sharing these things with others but to do so we would need to increase the amount of production which would mean more land needed.  Our final goal is to be producing 80% of our own food and then offsetting the other 20% with the income we would be making from the sale of our produce/animals.  If we could make enough that my husband could work freelance outside the home occationally that would be a dream come true!  I will definitely look into getting that book!!  
I'm newer to the idea of intentional community.  I love the idea, I have even talked about doing something like this for years but never knew the term.  I am curious to know though if people have ever had success? We would love the idea of joining a community that isn't spiritually based, allows community members to be autonomous in what they do as long as it's within certain guidelines that the community has voted or agreed upon and has at least 5 acres or more per family.  My issue is I see a lot of people posting looking for people but haven't seen anyone saying they have done it and love it. We have kids so I am a bit afraid of what I might end up with.  
You totally had me, until you mentioned the vegan thing! My husband and I are looking for exactly what you are speaking of! But we want to raise animals to eat and to sell to eat as well! If you ever decide to change this stipulation please contact me!