Permaculture Design Certificate Course with Bill Mollison and Geoff Lawton in Istanbul PDC (Permaculture Design Certificate) Course:
The Permaculture Design Certificate course is an internationally-recognized, seventy-two hour course resulting in a Permaculture Design Certificate. It provides an introduction to permaculture design as set forth by movement founder Bill Mollison.
The PDC serves as foundation for further permaculture work and study and is a prerequisite for the Diploma in Permaculture Design, offered through The Permaculture Institute. Credit for this course is now accepted by a growing number of universities around the world.
To date, thousands of permaculture designers worldwide have been certified through this course, and now comprise a global network of educators, ecological activists who influence major corporations, individuals creating new business alternatives and groups of committed people working together to change the way we view and design into our landscapes.
The course covers sustainable living systems for a wide variety of landscapes and climates. It includes the application of permaculture principles to food production, home design, construction, energy conservation and generation, and explores alternative economic structures and legal strategies supporting permaculture solutions.
The Cirriculum is Based on all Subjects in: “PERMACULTURE: A Designers’ Manual” by Bill Mollison. Students are invited to bring details of their own sites or potential sites to consider during the course.
Topics covered include:
* Theory and principles of permaculture
* Methods of design
* Understanding patterns in nature
* Water harvesting and management
* Trees & their energy transactions
* Eco-friendly house placement and design
* Energy efficient architecture
* Energy conservation techniques for cold climates
* Earthworks & their use in earth repair
* Soil rehabilitation and erosion control
* Organic food production
* Ecological pest control
* Humid tropics
* The temperate climates
* Humid cool climates
* Dry lands
* Strategies for urban and rural settings
* Recycling and waste management
* Right livelihood
* Catastrophe preparedness and prevention
* Money and finance
* Ethical investment
* Bio regional organisation
* Legal strategies and trusts
* Effective working groups
* Effective aid
For course details: http://permacultureturkey.org/en/?page_id=80
get course brochure in pdf format: http://permacultureturkey.org/en/wp-content/uploads/PDC_Istanbul_en.pdf