To show you've completed this BB you must post pictures of the following:
- the journal page showing your recipe and dosage information for the oregano leaf tincture
- picture of the oregano leaf, freshly harvested by you
- picture of the tincture being made
- picture of the finished tincture in its labeled jar.
- the journal page showing the attributes of oregano and how to harvest and prepare it
My oregano leaf tincture has been brewing long enough so I strained and bottled it this evening. My journal is on the computer so I cut and pasted the relevant parts:
Oregano Culinary? Yes, yummy!
Medicinal uses: Relieves nervousness
Relieves insomnia if due to tension and anxiety
Powerful antiseptic and disinfectant
Fight bacterial and viral infections
Locations: SE side of herb bed
Under laundry vent
Along white fence
Under S basement window
Tinctures Basic recipe: Chop herbs finely and put in jar
cover with 2-3” 80-100 proof alcohol
shake 100 times and then daily for 4-6 weeks
keep in warm sunny place during that 4-6 week period
Strain into jar with tight fitting lid
Keeps for many years
"Hundreds of years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the type of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that it becomes a tourist destination"
Support Paul's Awesome Greenhouse Kickstarter HERE
Here’s the recipe, Nicole. I will come back in a few weeks and post a picture of the strained and bottled tincture—just made it today and didn’t realize it needed to be finished tincturing for the BB. Thanks!