Quercus is edited and published in Oxford, England by Nick Gibbs, with the assistance of freelance writers and magazine people. We will be publishing Quercus quarterly initially, and bi-monthly if there is sufficient demand. We hope you enjoy the magazine, and contact us with any ideas, comments or suggestions.
I was just checking out Quercus's website today, and WOW the magazine looks packed full of information!
Here's the contents of the latest issue:
• Making stave baskets The skills and making of a heritage craft with John Williamson
• The anatomy of drawers Derek Jones compares slips and grooves
• Planemaking Learn about making an 18th Century plane with Richard Arnold
• Scrolls saws v coping saws Robin Gates chooses a simple saw for shaping
• The history of axes Brett McCleod reveals the originals of the American axe
• Bern Chandley Phoebe Everill meets the modern bodger
• Drew Langsner’s Shaving Horses Than & Now
• Rex Krueger reveals history of Gage planes
• Japanese Joints Tim Brown on making a complex Castle joint