In this Badge Bit, you will drill a hole in the ground. A fairly deep hole. With water in the bottom of it.
Whether you use a homemade drill rig, rent something or buy a full drilling rig, it doesn't matter. But you have to do the work.
Points awarded vary from 8 to 32 depending on depth of the well and the drilling rig.
- drilling with a professional rig - 8 points
- drilling with a rented rig - 16 points
- drilling with a homemade rig - 24 points
- over 100 feet deep with rented rig - 4 more points
- over 100 feet deep with homemade rig - 8 more points
Minimum requirements to satisfy this BB:
- 6" casing
- more than 40' deep
- at least 2gpm of water production from the well
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, provide proof of the following as pics or video (less than two minutes):
- the spot where the well will go
- the drilling rig
- midway through the drilling
- the finished hole with casing in it
- evidence of 2 gallons per minute of water from the well (healthy stream from a hose will suffice)
Rocket Mass Heater Plans: Annex 6" L-shaped Bench by Ernie and Erica