Walter McCoy

+ Follow
since Mar 24, 2010
Merit badge: bb list bbv list
For More
Apples and Likes
Apples
Total received
In last 30 days
0
Forums and Threads

Recent posts by Walter McCoy

Well, pricing of solar has really come down over the past few years. For on-grid applications we are installing systems for $6-7 a watt. Off-grid systems $10-12 a watt is the norm.

It sounds like you have good solar potential up on a ridge. If you would like, send me your address or coordinates to walter@bigskysolar-wind.com. I can do a preliminary site assessment via google  earth. I can provide you with exactly how much production your site is capable of. Once that is determined we can size a system for you.

Thanks,
Walter
Big Sky Solar ans Wind
16 years ago
Hey Sue!

With the information you gave, I would not recommend a wind system. With current wind technology start up speeds are high. Most wind generators don't start producing energy until wind speeds hit 8mph. Average wind speeds of 12mph are recommended to make this resource economically viable.

Have you considered solar? Any chance of a creek near by for hydro potential?

Thanks for the question!
Walter
Big Sky Solar and Wind

16 years ago
Hello everyone,
  I'm new to this forum. I picked up a brochure for this forum at the Sustainability Fair Tuesday night. We had a great turnout at the fair and we really enjoyed speaking with everyone regarding the future of renewable energy. I hope to contribute to this forum when the opportunity arises. If anyone has questions regarding renewable energy, just ask and I'll try to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks,

Walter
Big Sky Solar and Wind
16 years ago