Soi Marchal

+ Follow
since Oct 02, 2026
Merit badge: bb list bbv list
For More
Apples and Likes
Apples
Total received
In last 30 days
1
Forums and Threads

Recent posts by Soi Marchal

John F Dean wrote:Maybe I need to write this off as paranoia, but I have developed a new safety practice for inclement weather.  I set a timer for when I go outside to alert my wife that there may be a problem.  I set it for 2x the timespan I think it should take.



That's a really sensible safety habit, especially when working outside alone. I sometimes calculate the actual return time rather than just thinking "I'll be back in a couple of hours" - it makes it easier to tell someone exactly when to expect me. There's a simple tool that can help: https://time-calculator.net/hours-from-now.html
1 week ago
One thing I've noticed with these writing assistants is that the suggestions aren't always improvements. Sometimes they make a sentence sound less natural just because it doesn't match their preferred wording. I usually find it better to use them as a second pair of eyes rather than automatically accepting every suggestion.
1 week ago