I like the clever design of honey spinner but PVC is not a good choice for anything that comes into contact with
drinking water or food. In fact PVC is the worst possible choice you could make as far as plastics go. Every part
of it's life cycle is toxic and it out gasses toxins for it's entire life and in the landfill after it's life.
Here are two quotes that google popped up after searching for PVC Health Concerns,
"Both, from both an environmental and health standpoint, PVC is the most toxic plastic.
Here's why: Vinyl chloride, the chemical used to make PVC, is a known human carcinogen,
according to the World Health Organization's International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC)."
"The natural fire retardancy of PVC is a double-edged sword in that building materials may smolder
for long periods of time giving off hydrogen chloride gas long before visible signs of fire appear.
Hydrogen chloride gas, is a corrosive, highly toxic gas that can cause skin burns and severe long-term respiratory damage."
Here is a link about PVC it's life and concerns.
I am an organic bee keeper and I would not go through the trouble of not using toxins to keep my bee, refrain from
pasteurizing the honey to keep it's enzymes intact and then dunk PVC into the honey.
Most gallon buckets are made with polyethelene and that is a food grade plastic.
I like the clever design and if it could be reworked with food grade materials it would be both
clever and excellent!