As we all know that coin has two faces; similarly, whatever type of battery you choose, each will have some advantages and disadvantages. Before you choose a battery, you need to decide some parameters that can help you to make the right decision like how much you want to spend, do you want to take hassle of maintenance, do you need an eco-friendly battery or not, what is your daily usage, which brand do you prefer for your battery, etc. Once you know these parameters, you can easily choose the best one.
However, I have made a research where I found some benefits of lithium-ion batteries and lead-acid batteries. Here are some reasons to choose lithium-ion batteries and lead acid batteries:
• require low maintenance
• have high energy density
• can store more amount of energy in less amount of lithium
• consume less space as compared to others
• do not leak, hence they are safe
• have less charging time as compared to others.
Lead-Acid batteries are:
• able to withstand frequent discharging.
• cheaper than other kinds of batteries.
• more rugged durability.
• able to deliver more consistent performance than other batteries.
During my research, I have found that lead-acid batteries are best for an electrical storage in off-grid energy systems, whereas, lithium-ion batteries are best for the solar panels. So, you can make your decision according to the type of energy system you have on your premises. If you need some more information about which battery storage is best, then check out this blog: https://www.sunpowersource.com/best-battery-storage-for-solar-panels/