short introduction : i am a belgian architect, constructing my own house.
- maximum possible off the grid sunship house with large greenhouse attachted to the south (wink to the original earthship)
- 175 m2 floor surface ( 1883 sq ft) for 5 people and my own office, one can say a tiny house for each and everyone of us ;-)
- recycled glas shutters for foundation & floors
- wood foundation beams
- prefab strawbales for roof and walls
- wooden windows with triple glazing
- recycling & upgrading all rainfall
heating my house
1st = the sun through the greenhouse glass
2nd = wood from our own trees - i will build a BBR in the living room/kitchen with direct radiation walls and a bench.
studied a lot of info from this website webpage
& had a very nice meeting with the rocket master himself !!
3rd harvesting heath to send to my hot water tank (this can be done through the principle of thermosiphon or with traditional pump)
on top of the riser, i will put a smoke valve to send hot gasses through a well isolated horizontal metal tube
when closed, the gasses drop to the secondary chimney entrance, on ground level.
to calculate the dimensions of the BBR - do i need to take into account the chimney itself ? 200 x 200 mm (7,8 inch x 7,8inch)
do i need to use the diameter of the horizontal tubing ? 150 mm ( 5,9 inch)
what do you think of this configuration ?
greetings & looking forward to read your remarks
ps : 4 pictures attached, but it is my first post here, so i m not sure if all will go well...