Thanks everyone for the tips, so here is an update after i changed up some of my habits:
1. More watering, very moist bedding now
2. More/different bedding, I now incorporated some cardboard into the existing coco coir bedding,as well as layering a thick cardboard layer on the surface
3. Feeding on surface, i now feed the food to the worms by placing on top of the bedding, below the cardboard layer
4. Blending food
1. There seems to be more earthworms that come up to the surface and feed
2. Im seeing more little wriggling white worms amongst the food, i assume they are baby earthworms
3. Im also spotting different critters in my bin now, some mini red ball-like mites, as well as some gnats
4. the bottom of the bin is quite soggy
so mostly positive changes, but im worried about both the critters and moisture level of the bin. Are the critters i've mentioned harmful to the worms or plants? Also, how do i make sure the bin doesn't go anaerobic since i found out the holes i drilled at the bottom of the bin was too small.
Thanks for everyone's tips, it's worked wonders and basically revitalised my bin, Thanks again for being so kind to a novice like me!