My 2 yo girl is happy to hemp in the garden, irrigating plants, moving some mulch, weeding pathes. But my raised beds are not child-friendly, so i would like to make a little space more child-friendly, so it will be her garden. It would be for next summer so i have time to design something really cool and interesting for her and she will have 3,5 yo by then.
It would be very helpfull to tell me every ideas you could have for such a garden, it could be on species, cultivars of vegetables, pathes, treillis structures, etc ...
Some initial toughs :
* Something to eat every days (indeterminate tomatoes, day neutral strawberries)
* Maturity easy to spot (red tomatoes)
* Easy to harvest : color (purple beans, red tomatoes), non spiny (spineless OP summer squash cultivar ?)
* Easy to eat in the garden (edible raw, cherry sized tomatoes ...)
* Some shade : treillis with scarlet beans, beans, tomatoes
* Nutritionally superior food ? Like extra beta carotene tomatoes ?
* Not too susceptible to overwatering (she likes to do it a lot !)
* beautiful : colored veggies, edible flowers ?
* Some things sowed by seeds so she can do it (beans ...)
* Summer harvesting : not to "waste" place for only fall maturing veggies
* Some things to do on her garden while i'm in the main veggies garden ?
* What shape and paths ?
Any suggestions ?