Joylynn Hardesty

master pollinator
+ Follow
since Apr 27, 2015
Merit badge: bb list bbv list
Biography
Joy discovered Permaculture in 2015. Thanks, Paul! And suddenly the vast expanse of grass began to shrink. Her hubby is appreciative, as mowing is not fun for her guy.
Joy is designing her permaculture paradise from the edges. Fumbling and stumbling all the way. She successfully grows weeds and a few fruits and veggies in the humid Mid-south.
For More
Due to winter mortality, I stubbornly state, zone 7a Tennessee
Apples and Likes
Apples
Total received
In last 30 days
64
Forums and Threads

Recent posts by Joylynn Hardesty

Below is the cover on mine. And the content pages to whet the appetite.

3 days ago
William Horvath, the Permaculture Apprentice, told me (along with his entire email list) that I needed this book. Plant Propagation by American Horticulture Society. I found mine used for $16.00.
3 days ago
Thanks for keeping the podcast. I can put a podcast on and get stuff done in the garden. YouTube wants me to actually watch it. If the screen is minimized, away goes my program.
4 days ago
Hello Sonny. You may want to read Healing Lyme by Steven Harold Buhner. I had long Lyme so bad I was almost bedridden. It took a couple years, but I am now at a 50 hour week on my feet job. I no longer need the full protocol.

For anyone else, sure take the antibiotics. But afterwards also take teasel tincture, it drives the nasties out of the body's tissues into the bloodstream where the immune system can kill it. Bunhers book has all the details. I do still take teasel, to be sure my system stays on top of the nasties. I live in tick country. I get bit... very often.
5 days ago
Where in the world are you located? Just a general idea would help us help you.

Regarding the dead trees and bushes... Much of the USA has been in an unusual drought in 2026. Many of my perennials are dropping leaves very early, and all are looking quite sad. So some of those that look dead may surprise you in spring time. Have you tried scraping a bit of bark off of a branch end? If there is green showing, it is still alive. Even the 'dead' ones may come back from the roots.

I would treat them all as if they were alive. If it is in your budget, I'd give everything some mulch. Even just a layer of leaves gathered from the neighborhood, placed around each perennial can do lots to nourish the soil, should they really be dead.
I peel my potatoes only when I wish to waste my time.
1 week ago
The recipe I use says to wilt it. I did it the first time only. To me, the slaw is not runny at all. Though I am certain it has more liquid than the author intended. It's in Better home and garden cookbook from the 1980's.
1 week ago