Bamboo and Bajareque Natural Construction Course - Guatemala!
posted 3 years ago
Join Lake Atitlan's sought-after natural builder, Charlie Rendall, in a week-long course introducing you to building with Bamboo.
This course teaches first-time builders how to design and build their own house from the ground up, using bamboo and predominantly natural materials in tropical and temperate climates.
For hands-on practice, we'll be building a volunteer dormitory and bamboo furniture.
There will also be a two-day field trip to several bamboo plantations, a bamboo treatment unit, a bird sanctuary, a Guatemalan market and views of a live volcano
* Site selection
* Barefoot architecture - how to go about designing and planning your own house
* General introduction to natural building materials
* Foundations 101
* Introduction to bamboo and its many uses
* Bamboo framing and architecture, including engineering for earthquake resistance
* Wall fill and plastering techniques
* Natural building tour
Come learn the whole process behind building homes with Bamboo in beautiful Lake Atitlan, Guatemala.
Course Date: April 14 – 19, 2014 at San Marcos la Laguna, Lake Atitlan, Guatemala