Hi to all forest gardeners - or want to be - out there
For the second time we offer the opportunity for a person, 2 persons or a couple, to further their experience and deepen their knowledge of food forests ( ff ) for the
2015 growing season (late May to early October 2015), in the High Alps - in the South East of France. (zone 6b)
Duaration: from one week to ...
We have created a facebook group where you can find info and pictures related to forest gardening/food forests and plants growing here under:
In return, we will need help with the system maintenance and the continuation of planting (see list below).
Knowledge of permaculture / horticulture, on ff and computer skills (programming) are desirable.
We encourage people with strong motivation, an open mind, a sense of experimentation, environmental awareness, (non smokers).
To apply, please send an email to: une.foret.comestible @ gmail.com , expressing your interest. We will reply in the next few days.
Please send us your application, with CV and a letter of motivation - Indicate also any other information you feel is relevant, until January 31st, 2015.
We will notify successful applicants by email within two weeks .
This is a preview of how the opportunity could work:
Activity (work) time is about three hours per day or 7x3 hours = 21h weekly, distributed depending on weather conditions, as often as the situation requires (e.g. attention to the seedlings, watering, etc, capture of bee swarms.)
There are no machines available, but you can, if you want , for example, use your own trimmer. Hand tools are available.
Here is a list of work planned for the year 2015
- maintaining the ff system continuously
- establishment of a vegetable garden according to permaculture principles
- multiplication and planting of perennials and annuals
- creation and updating of a website and blog ff
- various design & construction work: solarshower, dry toilet , solar stove, beeswax melter, solar fruit & veggie dryer
- work on an apiary
- rehabilitation of a poultry shed
- continue fencing work
- inventory, on paper and computer and geolocation, of plants already in place
- seed collection
- Learning about all the work described above in a ff environment, started nine years ago
- Accommodation in a studio, two places
- Use of a small library on ff, permaculture, medicinal & aromatic plants, in English, French and German
- The realisation of your ideas and projects (if possible) : e.g., study on biodiversity etc.
- Possibility of taking grafts and seedlings (subject to availability ) for your personal use
The persons who accept the offer of sharing can also stay on an independent basis , the village, in a tent, or (small) camper.
We will open the garden probably four times in the season, for a WE course.
You can bring your own perennial and annual plants if you wish.
Let me introduce myself. My name is mike and i am married to the best her name is Nancy we are Canadians living in Holland . we wish to relocate to somewhere in France in 2015
sounds like you have begun a worth while initiative. we are also planning relocating to the Pyrenees from Holland and would very much like to connect. perhaps offer some help for a week or so. I am a English Canadian carpenter with aspirations to farm. Nancy is a french Canadian dietitian with aspirations to be be free of the city drudgery. we are both active beekeepers.
Our house is for sale and hope to be able to make the life change in 2015. we are planning two trips this year. One to Gers and the other to the Ariege, to look at possibilities. Would love to hear more about what you have accomplished. Please send us your telephone number so we can chat. Could also try Skype my skype name is LENISYS.
Looking forward to contact
Our first order of business must be this tiny ad:
The Amazon is a feral forest garden?!?! | Class, Slides & Article