We are looking for a specific person to help expand our company and homestead in Alaska. Below are details about us, and you.
- we are located on 15 acres in the middle of the largest protected area on the planet, 300 miles from the nearest Costco. This is a remote remote remote location, going to town frequently is NOT an option, our trips are seasonal at best.
- we operate in a unique space of permaculture design which includes homesteading clients, state contracts, and federal contract aspirations using our sawmill, excavator, dump trucks, and greenhouse.
- over two summers we have completed 20+ Firewise contracts, which we tie in with our permaculture design principles. These included our first government grants and contracts for our work with community members.
- we work the sawmill, we work the excavator, and we work the land. This is not a biodynamic operation. We use diesel to run our equipment.
- our recycling and refuse company was opened last year and was a success among the restaurants and lodges in our area. This aspect of our income is very important and we divert across 11 categories from our clients each night.
- we work long hours and play afterwards. Hiking, packrafting, glacier hikes, ice climbing, whitewater rafting....or back yard is 13.5 million acres and its the largest national park in America.
- we are a crew of young men, all under 35, and we love to play music around camp fires with the 20,000 tourist and friends who come through our area each summer.
- we live in a great town with loads of young outdoor enthusiasts all summer.
- we need help with extra hands around the garden, growing, food stuff, office, nursery, etc.
- we need help staying organized in the office, booking jobs, and getting our payments/invoices together
- we need help with staying grounded and not working long of hours or too often. Someone that will mandate our recreation and meal times when the schedule fills up and it never gets dark.
- we need strong work ethic, dedication to wilderness lifestyles, eagerness to learn, willingness to cook, excitement for profitablepermaculture operations.
- we need strength on certain jobs, but this position could be for the right someone who focuses on helping around the headquarters, garden, kitchen, greenhouse, and office. You will have plenty of any experiences you want on the job site.
- you need to love to camp and be outside
- you need to be flexible and ready for things to change on a minutes notice. We may have a logging job in the morning, outhouse install after lunch, and then go pick up all the recycle and refuse at night. Its fun though
- you don't need to have knowledge of the sawmill or excavator, but you definitely need to be comfortable being around the operator. Ideally this person would be willing to learn new skills like these as well
- we don't need a foodie, but we need someone to help organize meals. Or help me design a meal plan at the very least.
- you need to love gardening - you need to love planting trees and building homestead gardens
- you should recreate outdoors and have a hobby like hiking, ice climbing, rafting, packrafting.
- we love and play live music, it would not hurt if you enjoyed that as well.
- you can party, but you need to be ready for work the next day 100%.
Opportunity starts in May
Pay/Perdiem is negotiable DOE.