Ian Woofenden has lived off-grid with wind electricity, solar electricity, solarhot water, and wood heat on an island in the Pacific Northwest for the last 30+ years, where he raised his large family, ran multiple businesses, and now focuses on educational work in the renewable energy industry. His roles in the industry are:
• Senior editor for Home Power magazine http://www.homepower.com since 1998, where he writes about wind electricity and other renewable energy topics, and works with authors and readers.
• Renewable energy program developer and coordinator since 1996, pioneering educational programs in renewable energy for the Northwest U.S. and Costa Rica.
• Wind electricity instructor for various private organizations.
• Occasional tower jockey and crew member on wind installation teams.
• Co-author of Power from the Wind by Dan Chiras, and author of Wind Power for Dummies.