Learn to Teach Permaculturally! Seattle Tilth is offering what is sure to be an amazing Permaculture Teacher Training course in collaboration with Permaculture Research Institute and instructors Kat Steele and Benjamin Fahrer. The course begins November 12 and runs for one week through November 19.
This Permaculture Teacher Training is a revolutionary new way of teaching solution-based eco-social design concepts by integrating the principles of Permaculture into the teaching of Permaculture. This course will cover every aspect of being an effective educator and promoter of mutually beneficial relationships for a more sustainable and just future.
Upon completion course attendees will be eligible for Permaculture Teacher Certification.The prerequisite for this course is a certified Basic Permaculture Design Course. Permaculture is a holistic design system for creating and sustaining regenerative human settlement patterns for healthy living.
Permaculture Teachers Training Facilitated by: Benjamin Fahrer, and Katherine Steele Guest instructors include: Mark Lakeman, Jenny Pell, and Marisha Auerbach
November 12 -19 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Good Shepherd Center 4649 Sunnyside Ave. N., Room 107 Seattle, WA 98103 $775 ($150 is non-refundable) Need-based scholarships up to $200 are available.
Modeled after teacher trainings conducted by Christopher Peck and Michael Kramer in Hawaii and Central California, this curriculum has evolved to include influences from senior Permaculture teachers such as Geoff Lawton, David Holmgren and Robina McCurdy to contemporaries in the field. This combination provides invaluable information of teaching and how to frame ecological concepts and ideas to people of all cultures. Upon completion course attendees will receive a teaching certificate from the Permaculture Research Institute.
Some highlights will include:
* Teaching the core exercises of the permaculture curriculum - patterning, sector analysis, zonation, site assessment, design, case studies, permactulture ethics and principles
* Innovative teaching techniques to help you organize and prepare curriculum quickly and effectively - including the art of teaching as a guild
* Diverse learning styles and how to teach various audiences skillfully
* Course planning, cultivating a team, marketing and evaluation based on Permaculture ideas
* Constructive critique of participant presentations
* Comprehensive manual and DVD of Permaculture resources and teaching materials