+ guest presenters (to be announced soon) with a variety of backgrounds, skills, experiences and perspectives
Prior experience in permaculture is not required. If you do have some knowledge and experience in permaculture, sustainable farming or related areas, this course will be a great opportunity for deepening that knowledge and adding to it the skill of thinking from a designer’s point of view. With its comprehensive curriculum, this PDC will give you a great toolkit for making sure you don’t miss any important aspects of a system that you’re designing.
• New, expanded PDC course format over 20 days with a total of over 100 hours of curriculum and hands-on work, bringing together 120 students organized in several batches with instructors and practitioners from India and all over the world.
• Earn your PDC Certificate by fulfilling the international 72-hour standard curriculum plus an extra elective thematic stream that delves deeper into specific applications of permaculture:
-- Agriculture: Govinda Sharma & Clea Chandmal
-- Earthworks and Water: Gopi Sankarasubramani, Rico Zook & Narsanna Koppula
-- Social Permaculture: Robyn Francis, Starhawk & Roshan Rai
-- Urban Permaculture: Jude Hobbs & Hui-i Chiang
• Practice on hands-on applications of permaculture and work a real-life design project in smaller groups.
• Receive a toolkit of comprehensive course materials covering all the different areas of permaculture design (printed playbook and digital files);
• Receive an internationally recognized PDC Certificate with an emphasis on the thematic stream of your choice.
Inclusive of all meals, the option to camp in your own tent, course materials (digital and print) and your Permaculture Design Certificate:
Support rate: INR 1,15,000 (USD 1,700)
Standard rate: INR 95,000 (USD 1,400)
Reduced rate: INR 40,000 (USD 600)
The reduced rate is offered to make the PDC course accessible to enthusiastic participants from economically challenged backgrounds. Preference will be given to those of Indian nationality, though all people are eligible, especially those from the global south. We strongly encourage those who are financially comfortable to pay the support rate which will enable us to subsidize a reduced rate for those who would not otherwise be able to participate. Any profits from this course will be donated to IPC India 2017.
NOTE: Upon registering, you'll be asked to pay the full course fee (standard and support rates) immediately by Paypal (international) or PayU (India), so make sure you have the necessary funds. For those who can't afford the standard rate, we offer a reduced rate for which you can apply in the registration form. In this case, your application will be reviewed before you'll be asked to pay.
We are looking for several motivated VOLUNTEERS for preparing & conducting this course - if this interests you, see more info here: http://bit.ly/2lgcgeA
For any queries, please get in touch:
Nina at ipcpdc2017 [at] gmail [dot] com OR
Call +91 40 2405 2295 (IPC Office Hyderabad)
This PDC is part of the 13th International Permaculture Convergence (IPC) in November 2017 and is hosted by Aranya Agricultural Alternatives.
The Greenhouse of the Future ebook by Francis Gendron