Somehow my old post has become thomas hatfield.. been away awhile. so some progress.
sealed everything from the outside with food grade silicone. Using batten board allowed me to seal the edge of the batten, so the stuff is 1" away from the inside. Also in similiar thinking once everything was caulked from the outside I painted regular exterior paint. Walmart had dark green oops paint for $7.50. The inside is still rough sawn wood. I thing the thickness of the wood will keep any nasty gases or chemicals on the outside. The positive internal pressure created by the heat/smoke should help also. Shingled it with "soda" can shingles I cut awhile back. Its slow going because I got TOO much going on. Maybe another month or so. The thing is supper heavy and though the wheels work fine I think bigger is better. The pivot was very difficult and time consuming to make, if adjusting the panel by month makes a huge difference it may be worth it. If not it was just an exercise in complex cutting,fitting and problem solving. I will try to get some pics up then its nicer outside.