This is my idea. I would love some feedback and wisdom on this and if it sounds mad please let me know that also. I plan on buying 5 acres of land which you need to get farm tax subsidies in NJ or so done all in a permaculture way. I also plan to grow a bunch of "legal" herbs such as mints etc to create a tisane/herbal tea company. I have researched and found no places close by that do anything like this let alone in a permaculture style. I have also found some other tea type plants such as New Jersey Tea and others which are a native here which I never see utilized. I was thinking about starting with just a few products like just a few mint varieties and then move on to including other things that I will be growing such as ashitaba, strawberry, blueberry, cranberry, raspberry, blackberry, sea buckthorn, and the list will go on and on. I think this would be a great way to help promote permaculture which would be included on the packaging as well as the website with of course Permies.com.
Have list. (Positives)
1. Ambition and willingness to take a risk
2. Knowledge of herbs, trees, bushes, and permaculture techniques that work in South Jersey
3. Graphic and web creation (example http://www.millvillecommunitygarden.org
4. I have been collecting and trying like products (studying the competition and learning the trade)
5. Full time job for a source of income with the city of Vineland till things come to fruition
Have not list. (Negatives)
1. Land with house (currently renting apartment with no land)
2. Some kind of business loan perhaps go green type
3. Have a kid so risk cannot be so crazy that it would put us on the streets
Any input is very appreciated.