: «… your area of Russia may have developed this tool and it's used a lot there. While in the U.S. loggers (for example) use different tools which we have traditionally used here, for the same purposes».
In the USSR I was a very curious scientist (radio engineer). So now, I've done some research.
My research in the USA.
1. I sent a message on October 22, 2018 to http://forestry.freeforums.net/thread/156/use-low-grade-wood-construction
(name-driller, password -1234567890). A few days later it was removed. Why? God knows! You know?
I sent a letters vainly
http://www.logbuildingtools.ca/log_handling_tools.html https://www.timbertools.com/Log-Building-Tools/ http://www.bartlettman.com/Log-Handling-Tools
(China for the U.S. Army!)
2. Letters from https://logrite.com
October 25, 2018 Thank you. The information you submitted has been sent. Your message will be reviewed immediately and you will receive a
October 26, 2018 Are you looking to sell me tools? Sell wood? Buy tools from me? Tammy Bantle. Tammy@logrite.com
3. Letter from https://www.canr.msu.edu/outreach/ask-an-expert
October 25, 2018 Thank you for taking your time to submit your question to the Michigan State University Extension Ask an Expert group
This group only accepts questions from certain locations and does not take questions from the location attached to your question (Outside United States)
Please select your location and ask your question again to get in touch with local experts.
4. Letter from U.S. Agency for International Development
November 11, 2018 Dear Morozov Evgeni,
We appreciate you sending us information about the [good/services] that you have available. For more information about working in a country with USAID, we suggest you visit: http://www.usaid.gov/partnership-opportunities/in-country-partners
USAID partners with a variety of organizations – from small businesses and local in-country organizations to universities and international NGOs – to support and implement a wide range of development programs around the world. For more information … and so on.
I have not received such letters in Russian. I am curious about your opinion.
My research in Russia.
1. I sent letters in 2017 to the leaders of about 50 regions of Russia. I got answers from 27 regions: we do not know and do not need. In my opinion, Russia is controlled by those who only knows how justly to divide the work of others, rights of others, the freedom of others, the lives of others. Therefore, they can only emulate belligerent effective managers from the USA. They can't emulate Steven Paul Jobs, Henry Ford, … Виталий Лазаревич Гинзбург, Николай Михайлович Амосов … Yes? No?
- In the forest near Moscow(!) they left the logs to rot. Therefore, I came up with a buckle to build from rotten wood.
- Because of them I wrote in 2014 http://www.xn--9-gtbdygk.xn--p1ai/house-for-refugees.html
. (Loved grandma of my loved grandchildren was born in Makiivka (Ukraine?)).
- They threw away on trash of shpuntubel his grandfather. Do you know this tool? I'll clean it and varnish it. It will decorate my desktop.
- The mirror they threw in the trash helps me to pass the narrow gate of the garage when parking.
2. I sent letters to universities in Russia: you can watch the message of September 27, 2018 in https://forum.derev-grad.ru/kombinirovannie-doma-f124/ispolzovanie-nizkosortnoy-drevesini-v-stroitelstve-t76606.html
2.1. «...this communication may form the basis of the article if the authors proposals relate to temporary structures. With respect» Lyudmila Aleksandrovna Suleymanova, Professor, Belgorod. email@example.com
2.2. "Dear Evgeniy Alexandrovich! We confirm receipt of your materials for publication. Your topic is interesting, both in terms of construction technology and the use of low-grade materials ...with respect", Nazim Yaroslav Viktorovich, Vice-rector of the Donbass national Academy of construction and architecture. People's Republic Of Donetsk, Makeyevka. (Ukraine?) firstname.lastname@example.org
2.3. "...the designs you propose ...cannot be used." Vladimir I. Linkov, Professor, Moscow Construction University, email@example.com
And so on.
Result: my message describes a new one for both the US and Russia.
: «Does making it require large powered manufacturing equipment or can it be made in a shop»?
The pictures show the tools for making buckles. These tools I made a few dozen buckles. I'll make a couple hundred. It'll be enough for my family. For the manufacture of very large quantity need to do more expensive and complex equipment, in particular, as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EpavW2XLIY
only for seamless pipe diameter of 25 millimeters. The main requirement for manufacturing is high accuracy. It ensures the strength of the joint. Sometimes I think the buckle is uncomfortable. Perhaps it should be improved.