POST 146 (DAY 153, Sunday, 2021.1.10)
gluten free pineapple upside down cake..
3-4 cups of oat flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1-2 tsp almond meal (optional, but highly recommend if you have it!)
1 tsp CACAO powder (optional; fyi NOT "cocoa", forget the "cocoa".. its cacao or skip! the difference is that "cocoa" is often mixed with other things, whereas cacao is just the powdered nibs; again this is optional)
1 tsp nutmeg and/or cinnamon (optional)
1 tsp lemon juice
1-2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup coconut milk ("thai" brand is thick, with about 50% fat, this is nice replacement for butter fat)
3-4 egg whites (eggs seem to add a bit of "moisture" and a bit of "bounce" to the texture/feel of the cake)
1 egg yolk
1 cup pineapple juice (i just use the juice from the sliced organic pineapples can, it adds sweetness, pineapple-y-ness, and water, AND it has no added sugars.. marvelous~!)
1 tsp stevia
2 tsp dolcedi (apple syrup, optional sweetening agent)
2 tsp maple syrup (optional sweetening agent)
1/4-1/2 cup rum (optional)
2 tbs maraschino cherry juice/syrup
pineapple slices & maraschino cherries
1) prepare 2 loaf pans by coating inside surface with coconut oil
2) drain and save juice from 1 can of pineapple slices (fresh pineapple is awesome too)
3) mix all dry ingredients together, use a sifter if possible
4) add in the wet ingredients and then mix the batter with paddle or whisker
5) after batter is all mixed, it should be somewhat watery consistency (not thick like bread dough, but thicker than milk.. somewhere in between..)
6) oven 350 degrees, center rack, 45-60 minutes, use poke test.. pokey stick will come out dry when ready.. allow to cool 30 minutes before flipping cake
that's pretty much it.. questions or pictures of your trials are most certainly welcome and desired if takers are bakers..
before bake, i taste a bit of the batter to check sweetness for best results, but this is also optional..
.. WHY RECIPE? .. I baked a gluten free pineapple cake yesterday (saturday afternoon).. happy to report that it is gone as of now (sunday afternoon)..
.. unable to find the kind of recipe that sounds ideal to me, i decided to make my own recipe.. also it seems that the recipes i click on take me to some website that holds the recipe ransom until the reader has perused 3-10 paragraphs of storyline, and X'ed out of multiple advertisement banners.. do i sound bitter?.. i'm not bitter.. okay maybe a little bitter.. i'm just done with those types of websites is all i'm saying.. and to "BE THE CHANGE", i post the recipe then the story--HA!.. i'm such a rebel.. just kidding.. kind of..
enjoy the pics~!