The Extended Edition
By Anna Hess
Grow twice the fruits and vegetables in half the space when you turn your soil into black gold!
Have you noticed the extraordinary flavors and yields that come from even a small garden when the soil is just right? If you’ve ever been envious of your neighbor’s dirt or just curious about homesteading, then this course
is the perfect fit for you.
Both raw beginners and gardeners who already boast a green thumb will benefit from this course's focus on hands-on techniques used to boost
the quality of your soil on the small
scale. Contents include:
- why and how to buy or make and use the very best, including compost worms and black soldier flies
* No-till organic gardening - keep the fertility cycling in your soil with chemical-free, no-till techniques likes solarization and kill mulches
- learn when charcoal boosts your soil and when it's a fairy tale as well as how to turn waste wood
ashes into biochar
- use rotting wood for long-term soil improvement to please fungally-associated plants
* Cover crops - grow easy ground covers that build soil, attract pollinators, lower weeding pressure, and much more.
Bonus: The permies edition includes an extra half hour of deep-dive into cover crop use in the home garden!
Each video tells the how as well as the why to help you follow along easily at home. In addition, a printable fact sheet can come with you into the garden as a quick reminder of each step.
This course is brought to you by Anna Hess, author of The Weekend Homesteader and The Ultimate Guide to Soil. Based on 15 years of fruit
and vegetable gardening in harmony with the natural environment, her books
and courses take the guesswork out of beyond-organic and permaculture
Video length: 1.5 hours
Fact sheet: 4 pages