Sonny Root

+ Follow
since Mar 06, 2026
Merit badge: bb list bbv list
For More
Zone 4b Northwest Wisconsin
Apples and Likes
Apples
Total received
In last 30 days
8
Forums and Threads

Recent posts by Sonny Root

Thank you! I love my dandelions!

The early hummingbirds love them too when there is nothing else flowering in the spring. Any reason to not mow a lawn is beautiful too me.
2 days ago
The ones in the ground I will let be wildlife habitat over winter. I will save any viable seedheads from the Joseph Lofthouse ones I received this year. They are spectacular!

The potted one in my urban driveway will be harvested, fridged and eaten over winter. The leftover biomass will be chopped and dropped around various things.

I think the right amount of farting is pretty good if it doesn't feel bad.

2 days ago
The focus mag article sums up the commercial side of things as well as anything else I’ve read so far.

I’m not interested in buying their products or investing. 100% not interested in space travel food.

I suppose we could say all protein on earth is air protein or maybe better, sun protein.

As far as the tech goes, it seems pretty basic. If I can make electricity I can make hydrogen. I think I could consider brewing beer or fermenting as a lab process but I don’t really think of it that way. I don’t think a centrifuge would be needed at all in a home setup.

The hardest part might be sourcing the right microbes the first time. But maybe it’s not that hard. I have yet to find anything out about that detail.

I like the idea of FAST protein from air at home without requiring the ability to grow mulberry trees or whatever first. It sounds much better than the alternative proteins that are out there currently.
2 days ago

Joylynn Hardesty wrote:Hello Sonny. You may want to read Healing Lyme by Steven Harold Buhner. I had long Lyme so bad I was almost bedridden. It took a couple years, but I am now at a 50 hour week on my feet job. I no longer need the full protocol.

For anyone else, sure take the antibiotics. But afterwards also take teasel tincture, it drives the nasties out of the body's tissues into the bloodstream where the immune system can kill it. Bunhers book has all the details. I do still take teasel, to be sure my system stays on top of the nasties. I live in tick country. I get bit... very often.



Hi Joylynn. Thanks for the great resource. There is so much out there on what might work instead of antibiotics that it can get confusing and overwhelming. Especially if one is trying to navigate it all while sick.
5 days ago
It looks bad. I have been waiting for the ticks to come back out here since the weather has turned "normal" again.

I had one of these last year and caught lyme again for the first time in 17 years. I never found the tick, only the bite. I knew I had lymes when symptoms started because I've had it before.

No insurance. The "cheap" doctor wouldn't believe me and told me to go to urgent care. $150 for that advice. Urgent care would have been around $1200.

I started taking 12 year old ammox antibiotic for lack of anything better. That's what they gave me the first time . It was working but also who knows how well and started getting other symptoms. A friend had doxycycline and gave me 14 days worth. The most the doctors here will prescribe first time around. Doxy is the goto prescription these days. Lymes specialists recommend 28 days minimum especially if you get the bullseye. Vets give dogs 28 days minimum around here.

I found Jasecase https://jase.com/products/jase-case and ordered a full case that came with 120 doxy pills. I took them for 28 days and it seemed to have cleared it up. Though some days I wonder what lingering effects there might be that aren't just getting older things.

It's nothing to eff around with as others have said. Cistus Incanus (rock rose) tea is something I always try to remember during tick season. I think it works for me. It tastes good to me too.

I learned that everyone might want to take it more seriously than your general medical pros do in this country. Something strange is going on there.

I'm glad you found it right away. I hope you get rid of it before it can become a bigger issue.
5 days ago
Ok I put this here because I just heard about it from the How to Live on Earth YT doc. If it turns out to be more than a marketing scheme then maybe it would be better in another place.

The documentary does not mention that it is a company. That causes me some suspicion.

I have not done more research than finding the website yet.

https://www.airprotein.com/

Anyone heard of this before?
5 days ago
I'm not sure this is the place for this but it is a YT documentary....

A bit shiny, dramatic and basic but maybe that's what is needed and I enjoyed it.

It's at least permaculture adjacent with some things I had not heard of yet.

Have you watched it?

5 days ago
I have not read all of these posts but enough to think that like most things it probably just depends on lots of considerations. For Bill it probably made sense.

I'm usually skeptical of any "expert" blanket statements and want to rebel against them on instinct.

I just watched this documentary on some cats in Instanbul called Kedi. Here's the trailer. I guess you have to have premium to watch in full

I think in Istanbul the cats might be an asset for many.
5 days ago
I think tree frog too. If you could confirm toad, that would seem strange but I'd still believe you.

I bet it's pretty nice up there on the roof at night. Warmer? Maybe the vent also attract tasty insects or spiders as well.
5 days ago