Lin Frost

+ Follow
since Apr 08, 2026
Merit badge: bb list bbv list
Biography
Alpine County, CA
For More
Apples and Likes
Apples
Total received
In last 30 days
3
Forums and Threads

Recent posts by Lin Frost


Different people will have different ideas of what "gentle souls" ...

You've created a site that is wonderful, kind, necessary and true. Good job. Usually I find social media intolerable. One morning over coffee, my best friend casually showed me something a neighbor wrote on "Next Door", (all neighbors I assume) in my old hometown. The lady was asking, "what kind of animal tracks are these in the snow?" (pretty innocuous question). I glanced  down at the replies, and burst into tears. Some person was lashing out at the author of the question, telling her that she was stupid, that she was looking for attention, that she was the worst person in the town, ...My friend gently took the laptop away and said, "Perhaps Facebook isn't for you." hahaha! So, my point is, (if there is one) is that no matter what you say, someone may use it as an excuse to express their misplaced rage and general unhappiness and fear. I swore I'd never join any social media, but you have made it possible to not lose out on the benefits of having a wide community of knowledgeable individuals without the ICK. Love it. Thank you.  
This riddle was the favorite of Monty Wolfe's  (ne'er do well  but beloved mountain man here in Alpine County rather long ago.)
What goes round a button?



answer: A billy goat
3 weeks ago
lovely! I have driveway envy now.
3 weeks ago
want Elecampaign? rose campion? Dame's Rocket? Valerian? Canterbury Bells and Columbine? I can send you a mix you can toss out. Mostly Biennials, so you'll forget about them then they will bloom their heads off the 2nd year and self seed after that but none to the point of being invasive.  text address to 4424299867
great video and terrific advice. We learned the rule of three a little differently...three days without water, three weeks without food, and three hours without shelter depending on conditions. Extra layers, (sometimes for a friend!) extra water, some salt and a couple of crackers if someone gets imbalanced because of the heat...can make the difference.
2 months ago

Nynke Muller wrote:Good morning William,
For years I have planted pumpkins on my aged compost heap, with great succes, until the slugs found them and kept on eating them to the ground. This year I am trying legumes on it as well. I still have to see how it goes.
Maybe your wet woodchips are a slug paradise as well? In that case, you better plant something slug resistant, but I have no idea what that would be.
Good luck!

 So you just plant the pumpkins right on the chip piles? Wow! Do you add dirt or anything? Thanks.
4 months ago