Come for a seven day community and tiny home building workshop in Whatcom County, WA!
WHAT YOU GET
The knowledge and skills you need to plan and build or have someone build you a safe, cozy, beautiful tiny house, and many other buildings in the future:
- Finding a place for your tiny home
- Trailer options
- Trailer hitches, axles, brakes and lights - Prepping the trailer to build
- Safe and healthy materials
- Floor, wall and roof design
- Interior design
- Framing carpentry
- Making a waterproof shell
- Metal roofing and skylights
- Doors and windows
- Electrical wiring and fixtures, conventional and solar - Basic plumbing (PEX, copper)
- Rainwater harvesting
- Dry toilets and composting - Insulation
- Interior surfaces
- Hardwood flooring
- Basic cabinetry (shelves, drawers, cupboards)
- Lofts and stairs
- Additional questions of interest, as time permits
+When we aren't working there will be facilitated discussions around meal times to unpack community structure concepts such as, communication, economics and food resources.
+Shared accommodation, private rooms may be available for an added fee upon request
*3 meals per day except 2 on first and last day, healthy country fare, please let us know any allergies or restrictions.
*Access to nearby hiking and swimming, and plenty of outdoor and indoor lounging plus wifi onsite.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Our instructor is a full-time tiny house builder with previous training in environmental science and nature survival skills, and over a decade of volunteer work with indigenous communities. He loves making complex things fun and accessible, while maintaining an efficient worksite and quality product. Whether you have previous building experience or not, you will get equal tool time and answers to your questions. Just bring your dreams and team spirit and we will build something great together.