Mark Shepard, Steve Diver, and Brandon Angrisani will be in northeast Oklahoma, near Tahlequah, Nov 1-3, 2012 & beyond.
Nov 1: Mark Shepard: Introduction to Restoration Agriculture
- Intro to agroforestry and the oak savanna, successional brush land and eastern woodlands ecological models
- Intro to Farm-Scale (Keyline) Water Management
Nov 2 am: Steve Diver: Soil Health and Fertility
- The Role of Soil Organic Matter and Soil Food Web Organisms
- Using Composts, Compost Teas and Biological Inoculants
- Using a Soil Test to Develop a Soil Fertility Program
Nov 2 pm: Brandon Angrisani: Restoration Agriculture for Full-Diet Farming
- Managing succession from your soil biology up
- Intro to livestock management and multispecies intensive grazing
- Integrating restoration agriculture with your current practices and future goals to form a successional, seasonal, and economical farm ecosystem
Nov 3: Clear Creek Community Demonstrations: Earthworks, tree plantings, fencing, animal systems, and drought strategies used at Clear Creek Monastery
Tour of 7-month old system laid out by Mark Shepard at Vita Bella Ranch in April 2011.
Nov 5 - finished - Mark will be laying out keylines & swales on 60 acres in notheast OK. (This is outside the scope of the Nov 1-3 workshop, but you may make arrangements with me to observe.)
Read more about the instructors at these websites: