I'm concerned about some of the advices found in this forum about using PVC in your garden or homestead (for whatever reason) I think it relates to a huge misunderstanding of what PVC is and how it is manufactured.
A few facts about PVC:
- It is the MOST toxic plastic. It releases toxin which leaches in water, soil and air. These toxin are typically fat soluble, so if you eat meat, the higher you are in the food chain, the more exposed you are.
- It is the MOST toxic plastic for the environment during its production. Uses massive amounts of chlorine and other carcinogenic agents such as Vinyl Chloride which affect the eco-systems and potentially people living near these plants.
- One of the is the least recyclable plastic
- Degrades quite easily (for example under the sun) which accelerate the release of toxins in the environment.
Just so you know, most homes use PVC for piping, including drinking water...
If you see Plastic #3 on a product, don't buy, don't use...
There are other plastic alternatives that deemed (so far) safer..
Too many men are afraid of being fools - Henry Ford. Foolish tiny ad:
This is an example of the new permies.com Thread Boost feature