Another Permaculture course is in the works for Europe from the teaching team of TreeYo. Check out our site to learn more about the PDC and the teaching team. http://treeyopermaculture.com/ and for specific info on the course:http://treeyopermaculture.com/permaculture-design-courses-pdc/pdc-europe-portugal-2014/
The course will be held in the magical Sintra region just outside of Lisbon and close to the beach in a quaint village called Almocageme.
This course includes the following topics and more:
- Ethics, Principles, and Methods of Design
- Water harvesting, conservation, purification, and revitalization
- Trees, reforestation, and nutrient recycling
- Soil classification, biological interaction, and remineralization
- Climatic Factors and their influences on the design
- Tropical, Dryland, and Temperate influences on vegetation, housing, and earthworks - Nutrition, fermentation, and local food systems
- Transition Towns – emerging and evolving approach to community level sustainability
Our aim as Permaculture trainers is to creatively facilitate a learning process that empowers people in Permaculture design through experiential learning and hands-on training. Each student completes the course with a site design and presentation based on the skills and knowledge accumulated throughout the two weeks.
Dates: August 4th-17th, 2014
Teachers: The course will be led by TreeYo Permaculture facilitators Doug Crouch and Perdo Valdiju.
Venue Information: The course will be held in conjunction with the Escola Da Terra project, which is a Waldorf inspired community run, home school. Their sister site of Terra Alta will play host this year that has several water harvesting features, natural buildings, gardens, vermiculture systems, and an emerging food forest as well as a great surrounding community. It is in a beautiful valley, very near the sea, beautifully designed and full of food and energy. It is easily accessed from Lisbon yet its remote feeling allows you to easily sink in and transform.
Location: Almocageme, Sintra, Portugal
Booking and further information Pedro at firstname.lastname@example.org Cost: 600 Euro
my overalls have superpowers - they repel people who think fashion is important. Tiny ad:
It's like binging on 7 seasons of your favorite netflix permaculture show